About MIT Pune
Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT) is the first private Engineering Institute to be established in the city of Pune, Maharashtra. It is one of the premier institutes for Indian and international students offering Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Engineering, Management, Medicine, Pharmacy, Design, and so on.
Contributing towards the industrial, economic, and social growth of the society for over a quarter of a century, Maharashtra Academy of Engineering Education and Research (MAEER)’s MIT Group of Institutions has helped realize the dreams and aspirations of thousands of students. The group has spread its wings across Maharashtra with campuses in Kothrud, Alandi, and Loni- Kalbhor within Pune, along with Latur, Talegaon, Ambejogai, and Pandharpur.
Being the brainchild of its visionary founder, Prof. Vishwanath D. Karad, MAEER established in 1983, managed to craft a niche position for being a one-of-its-kind undertaking that focused on value-based education.
Honorable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi in conversation with Prof. Vishwanath D. Karad, Executive President & Managing Trustee, MIT, Pune on the future of Indian education during his visit to MIT campus. Shri Modi was the chief guest to honor Sanskrit scholar Shri Vasantrao Gadgil and launch Sanskrit Mahakavya Book 'Bheemayanam'.
International Academic Partners
MIT Pune Collaborations
MIT, Pune is recognized as one of the premier educational institutions from the state of Maharashtra and is in-line with the best from the education world. Our collaborations with other institutions and universities of higher learning help our students, faculty, partners, and staff with a myriad of learning prospects. These partnerships cover the areas of developing and advancing curriculum, research and exchange opportunities.
- University of Abertay, Dundee, Scotland
- University of Dundee, Scotland
- Northumbria University, UK
- Coventry University, UK
- Middlesex University, UK
- University of Derby, UK
- University for the Creative Arts, UK
- E.S.A.D. Orleans, France
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- George Brown College, Canada
- Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Universidad Iberoamericana Puebla, Mexico
- Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Ecole De Design Nantes Atlantique, France
- Strate Collège, France
- Istituto Europeo di Design, Italy
- Politecnico Di Milano, Italy
- College for Creative Studies, USA
- The Ontario Maharashtra Goa Student Exchange Program
- KunsthochscHule Berlin Weissensee School of Art and Design, Berlin