Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Financial Services
Post Graduate Diploma in Management
Financial Services is one of the key finance related streams, and pre-dominantly has a wide scope in the ever-expanding banking and insurance sectors, apart from the industrial and organizational domains. Earning money is one skill and dealing with money and managing finances is another. Financial services is a branch of finance management that lays emphasis on effective management of finances to cut off the operational costs and maximize profits. Strategic savings can lead to tremendous growth and can aid the organization to achieve its enduring goals.
Financial Services is an art that purely depends on three verticals – time, money and risk. One needs to have requisite skills to devise strategies that help to effectively manage the finances of any organization. A financial services manager plays an important role in securing, managing and boosting the profits on investment for a client.
The PG Diploma in Management in Financial Services teaches you crucial management concepts and makes you immediately employable in a host of important sectors. Sectors like Banking, Insurance, Mutual Funds, Stocks and other finance related functions welcome talented financial services managers. At the same time, as a financial services manager, you will have a huge potential to work independently.
- The above course curriculum is subject to revision as per AICTE guidelines from time to time and as per industry updates.
- Exams would be conducted during the January and July exam cycles.
- Student will have to submit two assignments for each subject.
- Examinations carry 70% and assignments carry 30% weightage (passing criteria for both exam / assignments is 50/100).
|21 Months (18 + 3 months project work)||6 Months||2 Years 3 Months|
|Fee Option||Installment I||Installment II||Installment III||Total Fee|
|Installment||₹ 20,000||₹ 18,000||₹ 18,000||₹ 56,000|
Fee Structure For NRI Students
|Fee Option||Installment I||Installment II||Total Fee|
|Installment||$ 1,000||$ 1,000||$ 2,000|
- Alumni– up to 25% in course fees.
- Defence personnel- up to 30% in course fees.
- Specially Abled- up to 20% in course fees.
- Students are required to pay additional exam fee per exam per attempt. For installments
- The first instalment needs to be paid at the time of admission.
- Second Installment needs to be paid within 3 months from the date of admission.
- Third Installment needs to be paid within 6 months from the date of admission
You can get absorbed in any industry, mainly banking, insurance, stock broking firms. Some of the job opportunities that are available are,
- Finance Controller
- Insurance Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Finance Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Credit Manager
- Risk Manager
- Equity Analyst
- Portfolio Manager